Thursday, October 22, 2009

Paper Mache Holiday House


Yes I know that it is a little early for Christmas Decor, but I just got in the mood to create this fun paper mache house. I love paper mache houses that are all decorated with glitter for the holidays. I don't know why I haven't made one of my own until now. It was so fun to do. I just bought one of these unfinished paper mache houses and painted it a mint green color. Painted the roof white for snow.
I added a door and some shutters out of chipboard and painted them white. I backed the windows with vellum and to add the final touches I used ribbon, pearls and tinsel pipe cleaner and clear glitter of course!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I love this house. Yours is so cute. I love how it is a "Christmas house" but the colors make it work all winter. Soo pretty.

courtney brooke said...

i love this!! nice work emily! that color is perfect, so cute!

Karen said...

Hi Emily. I am working on getting ideas as how to decorate these houses. Thanks for showing yours. It helps a lot to see how others have done theirs. I will post mine when finished. They're for a Christmas project, so I have some time. I would love to "follow" one another's blogs. if you are interested, please come check out my blog, and if you like what you see, please follow me, and I will do the same for you. Thanks again for the inspiration on the cute little house. Hope to see you soon at:
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
Blessings,
Karen