Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Going "Green"

I've been playing around with making ornaments with recycled stuff since I don't have money in the budget to buy any new holiday decorations. The first two ornaments are made from chipboard shapes that I already had and I glued the inside of security envelopes (inspired by this fabulous blog) for the pattern paper on the front and then embellished them with rhinestones, glitter and buttons.
These next two ornaments were made from cut up strips of old magazines. The first one I cut strips of magazines and weaved them together before I glued them to the chipboard.
I think this last one is my favorite... maybe because it took the longest to make? I made paper beads (I have been making paper beads since I was little, thanks to my Mom for teaching me how) out of old magazines and strung them on wire to make a snowflake and then I glued a button to the center.
I am definitely going to have to make more "recycled" ornaments!!! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Bekah B. said...

You are so talented, thanks for sharing! Your girls are cute too, hope all is well

Bekah Black Barnson