Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fuzzy Yarn Heart Tutorial




I saw some hearts similar to these at a local home decor store. I wanted to buy some, but I knew I had all the supplies and that I could probably make my own! The ones at the store were Red, which were really, really cute, but I didn't have Red yarn so I used what I had.
First of all, trace or draw a heart shape on some styro foam. I used some styro foam that had come in a box with dishes in it... good way to recycle, right?
Next cut out the heart. I used my super nifty heat styro foam cutter, but you could use a knife.
Now use hot glue and begin wrapping your styro foam heart with yarn.


There you have it... some really easy, inexpensive, light-weight Valentine hearts to help add a little bit of fun to your holiday!
Enjoy. (Sorry these pictures aren't the best. The lighting wasn't very good.)

Photobucket

6 comments:

Becky said...

I love these! So darn cute!

Mommy Shar said...

Miss Creative, you kill me. I love them, how cute!

Jamielouwho said...

Wow!! What an awesome idea! When I saw the pictures before reading, I thought the hearts were coconut cake. Hehe! So cute!

Emily Call said...

Jamielouwho, mmmmm.... coconut cake sounds delicious!

Lisa said...

These are so cute! What a great idea!

L@Craftaholics Anonymous said...

Emily,
Very cute! I never knew there was an official styrofoam cutter. Interesting! Thanks for joining the party today. The code for the party button is fixed, so be sure to stop by and grab one for your post.
happy crafting,
Linda