Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I "LOVE" Burlap

My friend asked me if I would help her come up with an idea for a Valentine's Day Banner and I thought that burlap would be the perfect material for this. It was really easy and only took about 30 minutes to make. The best part is that it requires NO sewing. I used hot glue.
First I made a heart pattern and traced it onto the back of the banner using a washable fabric marker. I cut the hearts out using pinking shears to help with any fraying. I then found a font that I liked and printed it out in a large size and cut the letters out of stiff felt. I used the glue gun to adhere the letters and then the hearts onto some jute twine.


To dress up the banner a bit I just tore some thin strips of red and white fabric and tied them in a knot onto the jute twine and there you have it... a super easy, no-sew banner for a little bit of Valentine's Day decor! Enjoy! I would love to see some pictures if anyone ends up making their own!





2 comments:

Pamela said...

I love burlap and this banner!!! It is sooo cute, what wonderful creative idea.

Becca @ Blue Cricket Design said...

So darling!!!!! SO DARLING!!!!