Friday, February 26, 2010

Butterflies and Burlap Roses

I am so excited with how this turned out. I love that it has a bit of a shabby chic vintage feel to it, but it also is a little modern and perfect for spring.
I made some burlap and muslin roses and embellished them with rhinestones, sequins and pear beads.
I also used some cream lace to add a feminine feel.


I glued some neutral buttons to the centers of the butterflies and I used fabric glue to add some embellishment with some linen twine.
I used some flower centers for the antenna. To make the burlap more sturdy I backed each butterfly and leave with some white stiff felt and then I glued them all to some rope. I just had so much fun using stuff that I had sitting around my craft room!

Beyond The Picket Fence

8 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful, girly, chic garland! It's wonderful!

Holly Jones said...

Very pretty!

Becky said...

I love it! Very pretty and creative!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Those are so cute--love the butterflies, adorable!

jenjen said...

So cute. Burlap and butterflies = awesome!

Thanks for linking it up to my party!!!

XOXO
Jen

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Thanks so much for linking up this adorable project!

Mommy of Monkeyshines said...

Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful day~
Chandra

LeAnn * ~ See Great Things said...

I like the roses in this, but the butterflies are fun!