Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Homemade Almond Vanilla Granola


Lately I have been eating yogurt with granola sprinkled on top... delish! I hate paying so much money on buying granola at the store, plus I have a hard time finding one that I really like so I decided to make my own.
I found a recipe online, but I changed it up a bit to have it just the way I like it.

Almond Vanilla Granola
4 C. Old Fashioned Oats
1 C. chopped almonds
1/2 C. Brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 C. vegetable oil
1/4 C. honey
2 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. almond extract

Directions: Preheat oven to 300. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Mix oats, nuts, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. In a saucepan combine oil, honey and sugar. Bring to a simmer on the stove over medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the Vanilla and Almond extracts. Pour the hot liquid over the oat mixture and stir well.
Spread the granola onto the baking sheet. Stir occasionally. Bake for 30 minutes. Let granola cool completely. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Sarah and Ty said...

yum...i think this is going to be happening in my kitchen today!

Lisa said...

This sounds delicious! I remember making granola with my mom when I was a kid. It was always so good.

Kim said...

yummmmm I will be making this early next week for my child care kids!! :)