Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lucky


As I was taking down my Valentine's Day decor yesterday I realized that I didn't have any St. Patrick's Day decor at all, except for one clover plant pick that I just bought last week. Sad. So what do I do? I get busy crafting up a "lucky' banner and a shamrock door hanging. For both the banner and door shamrock I stitched green burlap to some green felt (the stiff kind) to add some stability and voila... there you have it. These were really fast to make and I didn't cost very much at all and I think they turned out great.



8 comments:

Belinda Madsen said...

So cute. Only, where do you buy green burlap? And don't tell me you dyed it yourself... :)

Emily Call said...

Belinda,
I bought the green burlap at Hobby Lobby... they have red, orange and black too! Don't worry, I didn't dye it.

Cynthia said...

Adorable, as always. If one of those door hangers were to end up in your etsy shop, it will find a new home on Haven Cove. Just sayin.

Torie Jayne said...

That is the cutest door hanger! Have a sweet day!

L@Craftaholics Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
Very cute!! Love the shamrock. You should link up to my St. Patty's Day linky party (if you haven't already :)

http://diaryofacraftaholic.blogspot.com/2010/02/st-pattys-day-linky-party.html

happy crafting!
Linda

Amanda K said...

Holy Cow! This is so cute! I love it and am totally featuring it tomorrow on my friday favorites! I may even make one!

Aly said...

This is a great idea! I have very few St Patricks Day decoration and I most certainly need some. I'll be looking for green burlap at Michaels later today

Emily said...

I love your shamrock door decor. I can't wait to make one.