Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chocolate Crinkles



Today my girls had some friends over to play so we thought it would be fun to bake some cookies. As I was going through my recipe box I came across this recipe that had been hiding in the very back. I love these cookies. I have such fun memories of sitting up to the counter in my Grandma's kitchen helping her bake these very cookies. I thought I would share the recipe.



Chocolate Crinkles

Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Preheat oven to: 350

Cream together: 1/2 C. Shortening, 1 2/3 C. sugar, 2 tsp. Vanilla, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 eggs.
Add 6 T. cocoa powder and 2 T. softened butter.
Add alternately: 2 C. flour and 1/3 C. milk.

Roll into balls in powdered sugar.

2 comments:

Belinda Madsen said...

Those are my favorite cookies, ever! That looks so yummy!

Chelsea said...

emily thanks for the comment and link to your fabulous blog!!! SO many great ideas!!Those cookies are the greatest- never made them so I am excited to try!! Thanks for sharing