Tuesday, March 30, 2010

mini basket Easter favor & Tutorial

I am having my family over for Easter dinner and I have been trying to come up with an Easter favor that is inexpensive, easy and classy. I finally landed on this fun little basket that is made from an egg carton, Spanish moss, and old grape vine wreath and paper.


I started out by cutting up an empty egg carton and trimming each section into a small little bowl.

Then using my hot glue gun I pressed Spanish moss all around the exterior (I got my moss at Dollar Tree).
I then trimmed off the excess moss to make it look a little cleaner.


I didn't take a picture of this step, but I pulled apart an old wreath that was made from grape vine and soaked it in warm water for about 10-15 minutes so it was more pliable to shape a handle from. I glued the handle to the inside of the basket. I then punched out some flowers from an old book using a small flower punch and embellished the basket. Don't forget to fill your baskets with some foil wrapped chocolate eggs to add a pop of color!

I am totally happy with the results and can't wait to set the table for my family dinner! Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

Jamielouwho said...

I love this idea!! How precious!!

Jamielouwho said...

I love this idea!! How precious!!

Megan said...

These bitty baskets are so fun! I'll definitely be making a set next Easter. Thanks for sharing the inspiration. :)