Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Tree Centerpiece


I needed an inexpensive centerpiece for our Easter dinner so this morning I ran into Dollar Tree and picked up this little Easter Tree and went to work using items I already had at home to make it pretty.

Before:After:

First I painted the pot with an Aqua paint and tied a cute polka dot organdy ribbon around the base. I hot glued Spanish moss to fill the pot. I then used pre-cut paper flowers and layered them and topped them off with a bead in the center. I hand cut green leaves and hot-glued them to the ends of some of the branches. I love how it turned out and can't wait to set the table. I hope I remember to take pictures of the whole table setting.

7 comments:

simplydesigning.blogspot.com said...

This turned out cute! Thanks for visiting my blog! Come on back to enter my giveaway and link up at my link party!

Brit said...

I saw this at the Dollar store and looked at it for a few minutes...I knew it had some potential...you seriously rocked it.

The Frugal Designer said...

your tree looks amazing! You did a wonderful job!

Torie Jayne said...

Your tree is super cute! Have a sweet day!

Becky said...

Are you selling this? I need something like this to cheer me up on those down days.

Emily Call said...

I can make you one. Let me know and what colors if you really want one. Oh, and I am so glad to hear that things with Oliver are going as well as they are.

Sherion said...

You are so talented and creative! Quite frankly, it's just not fair! ;)