Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fondant Button Tutorial

First you need some fondant, powdered sugar, a rolling pin and a small and medium size icing tips.
use food coloring and mix into your fondant... add powdered sugar so it doesn't get sticky.

roll out your fondant about 1/8" thick and cut a circle with the larger icing tip.


lightly press the small icing tip into the center of your cut circle.



using the tip of a small circle icing tip, cut out 4 holes in the center.


Let the buttons dry for a bit until they become sturdy.




Decorate your cupcakes and enjoy!





2 comments:

Jenna said...

thanks for that! I was wondering how you made those. My mom does cupcakes for showers a ton and is always asking me how to top them--now I have a great thing to pass on!!!

Bethany said...

Thanks for the idea. I made some the other day and they turned out super cute!