Friday, February 11, 2011

Heart Lollipops

We've seen these lovely candy cane lollipops everywhere... on blogs, on tv, in magazines... so we thought we'd try our hand at some.  We had some large strawberry flavored candy canes left over from Christmas that I thought would be yummy.  We already had some red candy melts so we were set.
 After trimming off about an inch at the bottom of each candy cane we put them on a greased cookie sheet with a skewer in the center  and popped them in the oven at 375 for 3 1/2 minutes.  As soon as they were out of the oven I carefully pinched the ends together so they would stick together.
 When they were cool, I melted the red candy melts and filled the centers of the hearts and poured on sprinkles and Valentine colored sixlets.
When they were all cooled off they were ready to eat.  YUM!

3 comments:

Joidee said...

It was so fun to see you today! :) I have been loving all of your fun VDay crafts and ideas. Since I am not in FB anymore I miss out on the daily updates of your life. Have a fabulous day. :)

Katie said...

Love this idea!

Anonymous said...

Good.