Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine Box

When I was little we used to make elaborate Valentine's Boxes to collect all of our school Valentine's in.  Well, I wanted to keep the tradition and make one for my daughter.  We found some really cute Mermaid valentines at Target so we decided to use that as our theme.

 We used an empty rolled oats container and covered it with some fun aqua scrapbooking paper.  I cut out a Mermaid and a fish with some bright colored paper and glitter paper.
 The heart that the mermaid is holding says: "Of all the fish in the sea... you mean the most to me, Valentine!".  We had to go with a cheesy saying for Valentine's Day, right?
 We put some crystal beads on wire to resemble bubbles.  Oh, and we had to give our mermaid a seashell purse and a pearl necklace.
I'm glad my little first grader loves it.  I think the colors are really fun.  Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

This is so cute!! I've always loved mermaids. You put so much detail into the Valentine's box. It's wonderful!

Cheryl said...

So Cute I LOVE anyhting that involves mermaids !

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

how cute!! i love it! the mermaid is so cute!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Belinda Madsen said...

Holy moly! I'm sure she had the best box in the class. You're groovy.