Friday, November 18, 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments

Every year my friend hosts an ornament exchange and every year I go through probably 5 ideas before I settle on what I am going to make for my ornaments.  I make a few ornaments and end up hating them so I scrap the idea and move onto something different.  Ha ha.  Well, this year was no different.  I finally
 decided on making some salt dough ornaments and I am happy with the results.  So here they are!
 Started with making stars from this recipe:  1/2 C. Salt, 1/2 C. warm water, 1 C. flour.  Cut out shapes.  Let dry completely.

 I ended up painting mine, but next time to save time and to make them look more like gingerbread cookies and not chocolate ones, I think I will add food coloring and cinnamon to the dough.
 I used white puff paint and sprinkled glitter while it was still wet.
 Tied a little ribbon through the holes. 
And here is the result!  Happy Holidays!

No comments: